While attending high school I was a huge car fanatic and was knowledgeable about most popular cars whether it be from North America Europe or Japan. I spent so much money on car magazines and spent hours in heated argumentative discussions with my schoolmates. While reading about cars online a few months ago I came across the Lexus LFA a exotic sports coupe to be produced by Lexus. Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corporation.
Only 500 Lexus LFAs will be produced and split between Japan, North America and Europe so if exclusivity is what you are going for and your have $400, 000 that is lying around being a pain int he ass, punish it by exchanging it for a brand new Lexus LFA which will be released in 2011. Check out the video below.
Lexus LFA Specs
- 4.8-liter 72-degree V10 putting out 560 hp at 8,700 RPM (that’s 116.5 hp/liter) and 354 lb.-ft. of torque at 6,800 RPM
- Redline: 9,000 RPM
- Titanium valves, connecting rods, forged aluminum pistons, dry sump lubrication and a titanium exhaust manifold
- Six-speed sequential gearbox
- Torsen limited slip differential
- 3,263 pounds with a 48/52 front-to-rear weight distribution
- Power-to-weight ratio of 5.8 pounds/hp
- 65 percent of the body is carbon fiber
- 20-inch BBS wheels wrapped in 265/35 ZR20 Bridgestone tires in front and 305/30 ZR20 in the rear.
- 0-62 MPH (100 km/h) in 3.7 seconds
- Top speed of 201.94 MPH
- Production limited to 500 unit
Personally I think its a great car but mentally when I see Lexus I just think of a Toyota with a few extra luxurious amenities for for $400,000 dollars I’d rather something more exotic like an Aston Martin. My dream car that I believe I can realistically aim for is an Audi A8. Any wealthy individual reading this and have $100,000 idle should feel free to surprise me with one for my birthday in March. What do you think about the Lexus LFA?