Jamaipanese.com started in February 2006 and is the personal blog of Kirk Brown, a young Jamaican from Kingston who has a great interest in Japan and its people. I visited Japan for the first time in September 2011 after launching a plan called Operation Visit Japan in January 2010 which was a resounding success. Kirk now lives in rural Japan as a participant with the JET Programme. “Jamaipanese” is a candid portmanteau of the words JAMAIcan and JaPANESE hence I call myself and my blog Jamai + Panese or Jamaipanese.
Topics I blog about
I try to have my own personality shine through as I blog about topics related to my life in Jamaica, my love for Japan as well as my general interests. Some topics I blog about include life in Japan, anime, Japanese language study, photography, anime figures, music, video games, movies, technology, science, and sports.
20 something 30-ish-year-old who spends a lot of time watching anime, reading about Japan, taking pictures and playing video games. I soon realized many years ago that most of my interests (anime, science, video games, cars, Godzilla ^_^, technology etc), originate from or are heavily influenced by a then mostly unknown (to me) Pacific island chain called Japan. Like the typical Jamaican I thought to myself, isn’t that a part of China? Fortunately, I love reading and so I educated myself about Japan on everything from Geisha to WWII to Nintendo to the language, this learning process is still ongoing and I discover and learn new things almost daily. Unbelievably now I live in Japan!
Must Read Posts
After so many years of blogging, Jamaipanese.com now has over 1000 posts. It may be overwhelming for new readers so I have compiled a list of “must read” posts with a variety of the types of posts on topics I usually blog about that new readers should take a look at:
- 10 things I miss about Japan
- Photos from Somerset Falls, Portland Jamaica
- Tokyo Game Show 2011 â€“ Highlights, Booth Babes, Cosplay and Showfloor
- 5 Amazing Japanese Robots and their uses
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood â€“ Anime Review
- Beware of Miniature Robot Pets
- My Boss My Hero â€“ Hilarious Japanese Drama
- True Story: Lost and Found in Japan â€“ Buddha Edition
- Oh My God! I Killed L!
- Erin\’s Challenge! â€“ Online Japanese Resource
- Discovering the Super Robot Wars Franchise
- The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn â€“ Book Review
- Now Playing: Total War Shogun 2
- Anime Figure Collection a Year Later
Thank you for visiting my blog and if you have any comments, suggestions, questions or general feedback please feel free to. contact me. If you haven’t already done so please consider subscribing to my. RSS feed. for regular updates or sign up for. email updates. delivered to your inbox.
Join the Jamaipanese.com Mailing List