The Japan National Tourism Organization has released a set of beautiful photographs under the theme “The Hidden Beauty of Japan”. The set of 12 photographs is released in the form of a calendar in various desktop sizes and features hidden landscapes all over Japan.
The 12 months are:
- January: Hirakasa Hadaka-Mairi (Naked Pilgrimage), Iwate
- February: First Tadami River Bridge, Fukushima
- March: A low-water crossing, Kochi
- April: Cherry trees around Matsugamine, Niigata
- May: Chubusangaku National Park, Toyama
- June: Nabegataki Falls, Kumamoto
- July: Summer Festival at Mt. Akagi, Gunma
- August: Takachiho Gorge, Miyazaki
- September: Red Spider Lily at Kinchakuda, Saitama
- October: Kuroyu Onsen, Akita
- November: Ritsurin Garden, Kagawa
- December: Night View of Kinosaki Onsen, Hyogo
Being march-born I must say I have taken a special liking to “A low-water crossing, Kochi” but every picture is quite amazing especially the ones in the fall.